Please refer to the maintenance section in the Info & Video Tab above.
1. First, measure the vertical distance from the T-Top to the deck of your boat.
2. Second, locate the rear of the helm seat then measure forward to the front of your console seat.
3. Third, measure the width at the rear of the helm seat.
For a printable PDF with a place to record your measurments see link below.
T-Top's Center Console Curtains protect the vital points of the boat, from the helm seat to the console and your electronics!
T-Top Boat Cover owners prefer to use the Center Console Curtain while their boat is in the water. T-Top's Center Console Curtains are a simple & easy application. The Curtain is designed with port and starboard zippers allowing easy access in and out of the boat. Center Console Curtains suspend underneath the T-Top with 1" webbing straps and life jacket clips, this allows for ventilation. With curtain installed utilize the space between the console and the helm seat for storage of your bow & aft cushions. Center Console Curtain may be used as a privacy curtain or a changing station when out on the water.
T-Top Center Console Curtain Easy and Minimal Maintenance
One of the best ways to keep your Center Console Curtain fabric looking good and to delay the need for deep or vigorous cleaning is to hose the cover off on a monthly basis with clear water. This helps prevent dirt from becoming deeply embedded in the fabric and elminate the need for more frequent vigorous cleaning.
We recommend that you clean your curtain while on the boat, follow these simple steps:
- Brush off loose dirt
- Hose down
- Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild soap such as Woolite or Dawn dishwashing liquid
- Use a soft bristle marine brush to clean
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric up to 20 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed
- Air dry
If stubborn stains persist, you can use a diluted bleach/soap mixture for spot cleaning of mildew or bird droppings:
- Mildew - 1/4 cup dishwashing liquid / 1 cup bleach / 1 gallon water
- Bird droppings - 1/4 cup dishwashing liquid / 1 gallon water
10' Webbing Straps - Our 100% polyester webbing straps are 10’ long and have a plastic side release buckle. They are designed to not scratch your hull and to hold your curtain in position and tight. We recommend one set per boat.
Essential Accessories for Special Applications:
1.) Suction Cups:
Attachment points may not be accessable on hard tops for the curtain to attach to. We recomend Sea Sucker Suction Cups like used above; one on either end of the hard top. You may use a cross strap paired with the suction cups if there are no attachment points at all. In some cases you may need suction cups in the middle to prevent sagging.
2.) 10' Tie Down Straps:
Use the 10' webbing straps (included) to secure the loops at the bottoms of the center console curtain around the helm seat or the console.
3.) Hard Top Strap Kit:
Utilize the 10' webbing straps (included) between the framework like shown above for easier access to attach the center console curtain where framework is not available.
People ask us all the time, “Which is the best choice of fabric for my cover?” So here are a few facts to help you choose the best material for your storage cover needs.
9 oz. polyester material:
It’s the best choice for strength and longevity.
1. It has a 7 yr. warranty and it should last upwards of 10 years.
2. It’s the strongest material we offer and it is well suited (because of its strength) for snow and ice conditions.
3. It’s the most breathable material of the 3 that we offer. Our cover design does not trap water or moisture in your boat and it allows it to breath. Check out our Ventilation video.
4. It’s also the best choice if you’re exposed to high wind conditions.
5. You have four color options Grey, Tan, Navy or Black.
6. Many of our customers choose this material instead of shrink wrapping their boat. It pays for itself in only a few years.
8 oz. polyester material:
Offers the best features of both our 9oz. and 7 oz. fabric.
1. It also has a 5 yr. warranty and should last 7-8 years.
2. If you’re thinking that you might hold onto the boat around 4-6 years, this is a good choice.
7. It is lightweight and very breathable. Our cover design does not trap water or moisture in your boat and it allows it to breath. Check out our Ventilation video.
3. It’s strong too and will handle most snow and ice conditions.
4. You have two color options Navy or Black.
7 oz. polyester material (not available with the center console curtain):
Great choice for a lightweight cover.
1. It’s a great choice if you’re the kind of person who only hangs onto boats 3 or 4 years. This cover should last around 4-5 years.
2. Works great as a lightweight cover for those boats that are kept inside or that are in a covered boat lift or dry stack.
3. This material relies on a urethane coating to give it its water repellence. It does not breath like our 8 or 9 oz. materials, however the cover design does not trap water or moisture in the boat. Please check out our Ventilation video.
4. You have two color options Navy or Black.
- 9oz. per lin. yd., 100% polyester, 5 yr. warranty
Available Colors: Gray, Tan, Navy, or Black
- 8oz. per linear yard, 100% polyester, 5 yr. warranty
Available Colors: Navy, or Black
- 7oz. per linear yard, 100% polyester, 3yr. warranty
Available Colors: Navy, or Black (not available with the center console curtain)
Our solution dyed, 100% polyester covers are offered in three weights, 7oz., 8oz. or 9 oz. per linear yard. The 7oz. cover has a three year warranty and a urethane coating on the inside to give it water resistance properties and it should hold up to UV rays an estimated 4-5 years. The 8oz. cover is extremely breathable, it has a five year warranty and should hold up to UV rays an estimated 7-9 years. The 9oz. cover is extremely breathable, it has a five year warranty and should hold up to UV rays an estimated 10 years. The color is introduced into the polyester when it is in its solution state. This means that the color runs throughout the diameter of the fiber so it will not rub off or bleed onto the boat. We like to use the polyester material because it is lightweight, will not stretch or hardly fade in color over the life of the material.